8 areas to focus on for GROWTH in 2016
If growth isn’t a top objective for 2016, stop reading right here. Growth isn’t for everybody, some people just want to stay the same forever.
Now that we have that out of the way, we need to discuss how to focus and prioritize your efforts to grow. Trying to tackle everything today is like trying to eat an elephant. Not that anyone should eat an elephant but if you were to try, I would suggest you start with a plan.
When creating your Growth Plan, whether personal or for your organization, here are eight areas to focus on.
- Technical Acumen – Every person and organization should increase their technical ability and efficiency. Improvement is a never-ending cycle.
- Business Acumen – Continuous learning to better understand your client's business and how your business interacts with theirs.
- Technology – With the constant evolution of technology, standing still is the same as taking two steps backwards.
- Communication – Internal and external communications must be clear and concise, but above all, meaningful because otherwise it is lost in todays chatter.
- Client Experience – An organization and its people should deliver a client experience that centers around 3 key words: consistent, unique, and memorable.
- Time Maximization – Time is finite but improving efficiencies is an infinite pursuit. Leverage systems, teams, and highest/best use of talent.
- Team Dynamics – Cohesion is critical to an effective team, but it cannot be found without clarity of purpose and role.
- Leadership – Personal and organizational leadership comes from understanding. Strive to understand the why, how, and what of your actions.
Challenge yourself and your organization to grow to unseen potential in 2016.
But remember, “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” Napoleon Hill